Expression of Interest for Preparation of Narok County Spatial Development Plan
Narok County Government Office Of The Governor Has Invited Request For Expression Of Interest (E01) For Preparation Of Narok County Spatial Development Plan (2016 – 2026) . Tendersontime, a leading business Tenders Site is the first agency to report this notification.
TENDER NO. NCG/E0I/115/20154016
The County Government of Narok intends to prepare a County Spatial Plan in reference to all Public, private and community land within the area of authority of the County Government for the purpose of improving the land and providing for the proper physical development, and securing suitable provision for transportation, infrastructure and services. The county spatial plan may provide for the planning, replanning, or reconstruction of the whole area comprised in the plan, and for guiding the nature and direction of development in the county.
The plan shall be a ten (10) year GIS based framework and shall cover the entire area of Narok County measuring approximately 17,921 km2.
Eligible consultants are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for preparation of the Plan. The key output of this plan shall be a county spatial development framework comprising of a County Structure Plan, an outline of development strategies along but not limited to the following areas human settlement, county economic development, transportation, infrastructure and environment, projects and programs, capital investment framework, implementation mechanism and monitoring and evaluation framework. The plan shall be used as a guiding framework for spatial development of the county. The plan shall be presented in the form of a written statement, maps, diagrams and graphical illustrations of policies and development strategies and actions and
Terms of Reference:
The terms of reference (ToR) for assignment include but not limited to the following:
- Depict the spatial dimension of the social and economic development programs of the county as articulated in the integrated county development plan
- Present a clear statement of how the spatial plan is linked to the regional, national and other county plans
- Clarify the anticipated sustainable development outcomes of the spatial plan
- Give effect to the principles and objects contained in section 102 and 103 County Government Act
- Set out objectives that reflects the desired spatial form of the county,
- Formulates strategies and policies indicating desired patterns of land use within the county, addressing the spatial construction or reconstruction of the county, providing strategic guidance in respect of the location and nature of development within the county, set out basic guidelines for a land use management system in the county
- Set out a capital investment framework for the county’s development programs
- Contain a strategic assessment of the environmental impact of the spatial development framework
- Identify programs and projects for the development of land within the county
- Delineate the urban edges of the urban areas within the county
- Indicate the areas designated for conservation and recreation
The Mandatory Requirements:
The eligible consultancy must meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered planning firm headed by a registered and practicing physical planner
- Demonstrate ability and capacity to undertake the assignment.
- Demonstrate experience and ability in undertaking assignments of a similar nature which have been approved. Experiences within Narok County, Kenya’s Arid and Semi-Arid Areas (ASALs) as well as having undertaken such projects internationally are an added advantage.
- Comprise of a multidisciplinary team of experts with demonstrable experience and ability required to undertake the assignment. The lead consultant must be registered and practicing physical planner, with at least 15 years’ experience.
- Have a strong financial resource base. The EOI must a companied by copies of the following documents:
- Company profile
- Certificate of business incorporations
- Valid tax compliance certificate
- List of least three similar projects undertaken
- List of at least three references of clients that the firm has offered similar services to, with relevant testimonials in the form of work completion certificates.
Interested consultants shall submit original and two copies of the E01 with all necessary, documentation in a plain sealed envelope clearly marked” EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PREPARATION OF NAROK COUNTY SPATIAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN” ( 2016-2026) along with the covering letter dully signed by an authorized signatory on or before 6th May, 2016 at 11.00 am.
The documents should be deposited in the tender box situated at the entrance of Narok County Offices and addressed to: County Secretary County Government of Narok P.O Box 898-2500 Narok
The EOI shall be opened in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
Tendersontime, the world’s largest aggregator of Online Contract Tender Alert Service , would like to inform all interested firms, joint ventures and companies who participate in such projects, to use this opportunity and expand their business.
Global Tenders Services Pvt. Ltd
Address * 25- D, CGHS, Ujjawal Apartment, Bijli, Vikash Puri, New Delhi-110059
Phone * +91-921 808 8010
Email * email@example.com
WebSite * http://www.tendersontime.com/