Consulting services to develop Strategy, Institutional Framework and Action Plan for Transforming Research and Standardization in the Road Sector
Ministry Of Road Transport & Highways (MORTH) Government Of India Invites Expressions of Interest (E0I) from eligible firms for providing Consulting services to develop `Strategy, Institutional Framework and Action Plan for Transforming Research and Standardization in the Road Sector in India. Tendersontime, a leading business leading Tender Info Portals is the first agency to report this notification.
NHAI Technical Assistance Project Loan No. 7980-IN, INDIA
Reference No. WB TA – 23 for MORTH
- The Government of India has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the NHAI Technical Assistance (TA) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for undertaking a consulting assignment on ‘Strategy, Institutional Framework and Action Plan for Transforming Research and Standardization in the Road Sector in India’.
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways wants to accelerate the pace of research in the road sector by revisiting and transforming the current system of undertaking research development and technology (RD&T) studies across the entire spectrum of road and bridge activities involved in design, construction and management. The broad objectives of this are to: – Reduce time for generating results from research projects.
– Strengthening & upgrading of existing research institutions through an institutional framework.
– Identify a research development and technology vision & policy for road sector.
- Accordingly, the Ministry proposes to implement a ‘Strategy. Institutional Framework and Action Plan for Transforming Research and Standardization in the Road Sector in India’ to improve India’s R&D Policy and Vision in the Road Sector for next 15 years (upto 2032). A significant part of this initiative will include review of current system of undertaking research in road sector by the Government. Formulation of standards, codes and manuals in the road sector by the IRC and further updating them with international standards such as AASHTO. AR RB, JRA, NASRA. PIARC, etc.
- The study will review works done by research wing of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. It will review system of inviting, evaluation and approvals of sponsored R&D projects, review of strengthening of Highway Research Board, review of institutional mechanism of various agencies involved in standardization in road sector and to see how they can be brought under one umbrella. To propose institutional framework and action plan for R&D in the entire road sector up to 2032. The indicative Terms of Reference (ToR) can be seen at: http://www.morth.nic.ingenders.asp. The duration of services would be 4 months.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants) by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011. Revised in Juy 2014. (“Consultant Guidelhes”). Setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- The MoRTH now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are provided in Annexure-I available at Ministry website.
- Consultants may associate with other firms, particularly with standardization and research agencies of developed countries in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
- A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Guklelines for Selection and employment of consultants under IBRD loans and IDA credits & grants by World Bank borrowers dated January 2011. revised in Juy 2014. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the COS [Selection based on Consultants Qualifications] method set out in the above Guidelines.
- Further information on this E01 can be obtained from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on all working days of the Government till the last date of E01 submission from the address as mentioned below
- Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail. or by fax, or by e-mail) by 5.00 pm on 31.05.16.
- Address for seeking clarifications and submission of the EOIs.
Tendersontime, the world’s largest Procurement Search Engine , would like to inform all interested firms, joint ventures and companies who participate in such projects, to use this opportunity and expand their business.
Global Tenders Services Pvt. Ltd
Address: 25- D, CGHS, Ujjawal Apartment, Bijli, Vikash Puri, New Delhi-110059
Phone: +91-921 808 8010
- Supporting and auxiliary transport services; travel agencies services
- Transport equipment and auxiliary products to transportation
- Transport services (excl. Waste transport)
- Automotive repair and maintenance tools suppliers