Providing Consulting services to undertake a Passenger Mobility Enhancement (PME)
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MORTH) Government of India Invites Expressions of Interest (E0I) from eligible firms for providing Consulting services to undertake a `Passenger Mobility Enhancement (PME)’ Study No.7980-IN Reference No. WB TA – 27 for MORTH. Tendersontime, a leading business leading Tender Info Portals is the first agency to report this notification.
- The Government of India has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the NHAI Technical Assistance (TA) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for undertaking a consulting assignment on ‘Passenger Mobility Enhancement (PME)’.
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India proposes to implement a ‘Passenger Mobility Enhancement (PME)’ program to improve the current state of public road transportation in the country. The program aims to ensure this by addressing systemic inefficiencies and adoption of multiple strategies to implement initiatives that cut across Infrastructure up gradation, policy Interventions, organizational improvement, operational excellence and technology enablement. The indicative Terms of Reference (ToR) can be seen at: http://www.morth.nIc.in/tenders.asp
- India’s transport sector caters to the needs of -1.1 billion people and contributes to -6.7% of nation’s GDP. India’s growing economy has witnessed a rapid Increase in demand for transport infrastructure and allied services for movement of freight and passengers.
- Passenger movement in India is either for Inter-city or Infra-city travel. Inter-city travel constitutes 85% of passenger movement, and is primarily catered to by buses (-65%), rail (-15%) and 4W passenger vehicles & 2W (-20%; air transport Is small). Intra-city movement Is dominated by use of 4W passenger vehicles, 2W, 3W & non-motorized transport (70¬75%), followed by buses (-20%) and rail (-5%). Road transport, through buses, hence plays a key role In passenger mobility In India. Buses are operated by both state governments through State Road Transport Undertaking (SRTUs), as well as by private players. SRTU buses account for 8-10% of total bus fleet available for in the country – however, they play a key role In ensuring coverage of remote areas and commercially non-viable routes. SRTUs carry about 70 million of passengers per day, performing about 524 billion passenger kilometers annually. However, the last 3 years have seen SRTUs stagnate in terms of assets & passenger inflow, while the losses have been rising. Improvement of financial and operational sustainability of SRTUs Is essential to transform them into profitable and sustainable organizations.
- The attention of interested Consultants Is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the Word Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants) by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, revised in July 2014. (ConsuRant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- The MoRTH now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are provided In Annexure-I available at Ministry website.
- Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
- A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Guidelines for Selection and employment d consultants under IBRD loans and IDA credits & grants by Word Bank borrowers dated January 2011, revised in July 2014. A consultant will be selected In accordance with the [Quality and Cost Based Selection] method set out in the above Guidelines.
- Further Information on this E01 can be obtained from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on all working days of the Government till the last date of E01 submission from the address as mentioned below.
- Expressions of Interest must be delivered In a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mall) by 5.00 pm on 30.05.2016.
- Address for seeking clarifications and submission of the EOls.
Tendersontime, the world’s largest Procurement Search Engine , would like to inform all interested firms, joint ventures and companies who participate in such projects, to use this opportunity and expand their business.
Global Tenders Services Pvt. Ltd
Address: 25- D, CGHS, Ujjawal Apartment, Bijli, Vikash Puri, New Delhi-110059
Phone: +91-921 808 8010
- Supporting and auxiliary transport services; travel agencies services
- Transport equipment and auxiliary products to transportation
- Transport services (excl. Waste transport)