Automated Vehicle Test Lanes and Equipment
National Transport and Safety Authority has Invited Bids (IFB) for Supply, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning of Automated Vehicle Test Lanes and Equipment to Improve Motor Vehicle Inspection Centres in Nairobi and Mombasa. Tendersontime, a leading business leading Online Tender Notice Portals is the first agency to report this notification.
PROJECT: KENYA TRANSPORT SECTOR SUPPORT PROJECT ID: CR.4926 -KE/CR.5410 -KE SUPPLY, DELIVERY, INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING OF AUTOMATED VEHICLE TEST LANES AND EQUIPMENT TO IMPROVE MOTOR VEHICLE INSPECTION CENTRES IN NAIROBI AND MOMBASA
NCB NO: NTSA/NCB – 015/2015-2016
The Government of Kenya has received credit from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of Kenya Transport Sector Support Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for procurement of Equipment to improve the Motor Vehicle inspection Centres in Nairobi and Mombasa – NCB No: NTSA/NCB¬015/2015-2016
2) The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure serves as the implementing agency for the project with the National Transport & Safety Authority as the executing Agency.
3) The National Transport & Safety Authority now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for procurement of Equipment to improve the Motor Vehicle Inspection Centres in Nairobi and Mombasa
4) The description of the Equipment are as follows:
Supply, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning of automated Vehicle test lanes and Equipment at the NTSA Motor Vehicle Inspection Centers in Nairobi and Mombasa comprising of the following:
- i) Supply, Installation and Testing of Automated Brake testing Axle weights and suspension testing Equipment
- ii) Smoke emission testing Equipment (Exhaust gas Analyzer)
iii) Vehicle noise Meter
- iv) Head Light Tester
Bidders must quote for all the items. Bidders not quoting for all the items required will be considered as non-responsive and rejected.
5) Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines that meet the following criteria:
- i) Financial Capability
Certified audited accounts for a period of three years.
- ii) Experience and Technical capacity
Provide evidence of having successfully completed at least three (3) contracts during the last five (5) years for supply of motor vehicle inspection equipment, the evidence should be in form of details of purchasers including their physical and contact address and the date of sale and contract amounts.
6) Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from National Transport and Safety Authority and inspect the bidding documents at Procurement office on lst Floor , Hill Park Plaza, Upper hill Road from 8.00am to 5.00pm Kenyan Time, Monday to Friday except lunchtime between 1.00pm to 2.00pm and on public holidays.
7) A complete set of tender documents in English may be obtained by interested candidates from Procurement office, lst Floor Hill Park Plaza on Upper hill Road, during normal working hours upon payment of a non-refundable fee of KES.1,000/- in bankers Cheque payable to National Transport Safety Authority or downloaded from our website free of charge. Bidders who download the tender document must forward their particulars immediately to procurement (&ntsa.go.ke for record and communication of any tender clarifications.
8) Mandatory Pre-bid meeting and site visit will be held at the NTSA Inspection Centres Nairobi – Likoni road and Mombasa on Thursday, 14′” July, 2016 and Friday, 15′” July, 2016 at 10.00 A.M respectively. Bidders will be required to sign attendance register.
9) Bids must be deposited into the tender box located on the Ground Floor of Hill Park Building or posted to the address below so as to be received on or before 10.00 am hours East African Time on Friday 5′” August, 2016. The bids should be clearly marked Supply, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning of automated Vehicle Test Lanes Equipment to Improve Motor Vehicle Inspection centers in Nairobi and Mombasa – NCB No: NTSA/NCB-15/2015-2016. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened immediately thereafter in the presence of Bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend at the NTSA 5,” Floor Board room on Friday, 5th August, 2016.
10) All bids must be accompanied by bid security in form of a Bank Guarantee of Kenya shillings One million (KES.1,000,000) for the Nairobi Lot and Kenya shillings eight hundred thousand (KES.800.000) for the Mombasa Lot ( or equivalent in a freely convertible currency).
11) Completed tender documents are to be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes, marked with the tender number and be deposited in the tender box provided at the Ground floor Reception, Hill Park Plaza on Upper hill Road, be addressed to:
DIRECTOR GENERAL. NATIONAL TRANSPORT AND SAFETY AUTHORITY. , HILL PARK PLAZA, UPPER HILL ROAD , P. 0. BOX, 3602 -00506 , NAIROBI. so as to be received on or before Friday 5th August, 2016 at 10.00 a.m. DIRECTOR GENERAL Any canvassing or giving of false information will lead to automatic disqualification.
Tendersontime, the world’s largest Procurement / Tenders Search Engine , would like to inform all interested firms, joint ventures and companies who participate in such projects, to use this opportunity and expand their business.
Global Tenders Services Pvt. Ltd
Address * 25- D, CGHS, Ujjawal Apartment, Bijli, Vikash Puri, New Delhi-110059
Phone * +91-921 808 8010
Email * email@example.com
Website * http://www.tendersontime.com/
- Supporting and auxiliary transport services; travel agencies services
- Transport equipment and auxiliary products to transportation
- Transport services (excl. Waste transport)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)