PharmaPoint Report: Type 1 Diabetes – US Drug Forecast, Market Size, Major Regions and Development Growth to 2023
Type 1 Diabetes – US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 Size and Share Published in 2015-03-01 Available for US$ 4995 at Researchmoz.us
Type 1 diabetes (T1D) is an autoimmune disease that permanently destroys beta cells of the pancreatic islet, which means that the body can no longer produce insulin. Over the last 90 years, insulin therapy has been evolving continuously, as at present, no other treatment can be offered to a patient who is newly diagnosed with T1D. A variety of insulin analogs with different times of action – long-acting as well as short or rapid-acting analogs – have been on the market for the past decade. In addition, many other developments were happening in parallel, such as glucose monitoring and significant advances in insulin delivery systems. The T1D market will approximately double over the forecast period, growing from $6.6 billiion to $13.6 billion.This growth will be fueled by the significant increase in T1D prevalence as well as the uptake of the novel ultra-long-acting insulin analogs, novel ultra-rapid formulations of insulin analogs, and the adjunct therapies for T1D. The launches of these novel products will offset the dip in sales caused by the patent expiries of seven insulin products, and the consequent emergence of biosimilars.
GlobalData forecasts these numbers to grow by about 8.3% per year through 2023. This growth will be fueled by the significant increase in T1D prevalence in the US as well as by the uptake of the novel ultra-long-acting insulin analogs, novel ultra-rapid formulations of insulin analogs, and the adjunct therapies for T1D. The launches of these novel products will offset the dip in sales caused by the patent expiries of seven insulin products over the forecast period.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 24 hrs. (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
Get a Sample Copy of the Report: http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=841026
– Overview of T1D including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
– Detailed information on the key drugs in the US including product T1Dcription, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
– Sales forecast for the top drugs in the US from 2013-2023.
– Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the US T1D market.
Reasons to buy
– Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
– Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for T1D.
– Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
– Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
– Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in the US.
Inquiry on this report: http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=E&repid=841026
Table of Content
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Introduction 10
2.1 Catalyst 10
2.2 Related Reports 11
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 11
3 Disease Overview 12
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 12
3.1.1 Etiology 12
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 14
3.1.3 Biomarkers for Monitoring the Islet Autoreactivity of Type 1 Diabetes 15
3.2 Symptoms 16
3.3 Prognosis 17
3.4 Quality of Life 17
4 Disease Management 19
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 19
4.1.1 Diagnosis 19
4.1.2 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Therapies 21
4.1.3 Clinical Practice 23
4.2 US 27
5 Competitive Assessment 33
5.1 Overview 33
5.2 Current Treatments 36
5.2.1 Human Insulins (Injectable Formulations) 36
5.2.2 Humalog (insulin lispro) 39
5.2.3 NovoLog/NovoRapid (insulin aspart) 45
5.2.4 Apidra (insulin glulisine) 51
5.2.5 Lantus (insulin glargine) 57
5.2.6 Levemir (insulin detemir) 64
5.2.7 Tresiba (insulin degludec) 69
Browse All Pharmaceutical Market Research Reports at: http://www.researchmoz.us/pharmaceutical-market-reports-38.html
ResearchMoz is the world’s fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives.